Can not get GL Galore working

Discuss OpenGL® programming with the GL Galore plugin here
Redlion

Can not get GL Galore working

Post by Redlion »

Hi,

I can not get GL Galore working.
From the Hollywood GUI if I try windowed I get "Unable to open window."
and If I try Fullscreen I get a DSI, Black screen then the DSI then lockup.

Running
Hollywood 6.0
Sam 460
Radeon HD 6450
AmigaOS 4.1 FE

Cheers Leo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Redlion
Sam460 Lite
A4000 A3000 A2000 A1200 A1000 A600 A500 CD32
Juan Carlos

Re: Can not get GL Galore working

Post by Juan Carlos »

The Sam460ex hasn't 3D support like the Sam440ep, the minigl library doesn't work in these Sam models.
lazi

Post by lazi »

According to this http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/arti ... oryid=7363 news release, your card is still not supported by warp3d/minigl.

I have no sam460, but AFAIK there is the software driver wazp3d which should work on your system.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

GL Galore works with Wazp3D but of course that will be very slow compared to real hardware drivers. Complain to Hyperion about the missing drivers for your board :)
TheMartian

Post by TheMartian »

Hi

On my SAM440ep the examples provided with the GLgalore plugin does work with its old 9250 128 Mb graphics card. The computationally complex ones are sort of sluggish. But they run. Unfortunately the graphics card in the X1000 fail with the "Unable to open window" already mentioned in this discussion. It is a 6xxx something card and appearently does not have the 3D support despite OS4 FE and the new graphics driver. Oh well - a good excuse and time for a new graphics card I guess. On WIndows it runs very fast. Not surprising considering the much more powerful hardware. But it looks good ;)

Despite the setback with the gfx card on the X1000 this is one plugin I'm going to use a lot. Thanks....

regards
Jesper
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

GL Galore will exit cleanly now in case it cannot initialize the gfx hardware. So the crash you experienced is fixed now.