How to set/change the Cursor COLOR in TextEditor ?

Discuss GUI programming with the MUI Royale plugin here
marko

How to set/change the Cursor COLOR in TextEditor ?

Post by marko »

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a way to set/change the color of the text cursor in a TextEditor..

When having a very bright or white background, the cursor gets "invisible" (since the cursor also have a very bright color :S )

I've checked all attributes in TE , Area etc but no luck...

Is there a way to set/change the text Cursor Color please? :)
AmigaOS 4.1 on Sam440ep-flex@800MHz
http://www.m4rko.com/amiga
marko

Re: How to set/change the Cursor COLOR in TextEditor ?

Post by marko »

* And the Cursor shape too, would be nice :P (Less important though)

* And, changing the Color (pen/bg) of marked/selected text I need as well :)

Yep, that was all features I need from the TextEditor that I have asked-for/reported then I would be more than happy. Except the horizontal scroller thingy, but I can live with auto-wrapping until MUI-team implements it...

I don't know though, if this is a limitation in MUI TextEditor itself and I need to nag on the MUI team instead ;) or what Andreas?
AmigaOS 4.1 on Sam440ep-flex@800MHz
http://www.m4rko.com/amiga
tboeckel

Post by tboeckel »

There is no way to influence the look of an instance of TE.mcc from within the application, except frames. All these settings you are thinking about are user definable settings which cannot be overriden by an application. This is consistent with MUI's general handling of the GUI's look&feel. Only very few settings can be overridden and even if that is possible an application developer should think more than twice if it is a really great idea to override the user settings. The user's choice of look&feel might be completely different than yours.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Changing the foreground pen colour is not supported by MUI Royale at the moment but I can add that if you need it. Changing the background pen, however, is not supported by TextEditor.mcc AFAICS so you'd have to ask the TextEditor.mcc to implement this before MUI Royale can support it.