Disabling and re-enablng page tabs

Discuss GUI programming with the MUI Royale plugin here
djrikki

Disabling and re-enablng page tabs

Post by djrikki »

Hello Andreas, hope your well, another bug report/unexpected behaviour.

When I set a .Disabled a page tab to 'True' I get expected visual behaviour on-screen, the tab and any child objects are ghosted.

However the reverse behaviour is not want I want/expect, yes the tab is unghosted, but all child objects are immediately ghosted/enabled too irrespective of their prior state before the page tab was enabled. Which means loads of additional code to refresh the state of everything back.

Hope this makes sense, in other words toggling the .Disabled of a page tab is not only only doing that but also toggling the individual elements within the page tab in bulk when really all that you want to see is a ghosting/greying out of the panel.
Evolve - Rapid GUI Development tool for MUI Royale and RapaGUI
http://myevolve.wordpress.com
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Disabling and re-enablng page tabs

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is even supported by MUI but I'll check it.
tboeckel

Post by tboeckel »

djrikki wrote:Hope this makes sense, in other words toggling the .Disabled of a page tab is not only only doing that but also toggling the individual elements within the page tab in bulk when really all that you want to see is a ghosting/greying out of the panel.
Setting MUIA_Disabled always acted recursively for all group children until now. This means that setting the attribute for a group object did set it for all children, too. This matches your observation that explicitly disabled child objects become enabled again when the group is enabled.

I just commited a change to MUI to respect MUIA_Group_Forward and MUIA_Group_ForwardDepth when handling MUIA_Disabled. Hence SetAttrs(group, MUIA_Group_Forward, FALSE, MUIA_Disabled, state, TAG_DONE) will now no longer set MUIA_Disabled for the group's child object. Using MUIA_Group_ForwardDepth can restrict the recursive forwarding to a certain amount of recursion levels.

Just try this with the next nightly build of MUI4.
tboeckel

Post by tboeckel »

Oh, by the way, and please use MUI's bugtracker for future reports and requests. My spare time is far too limited to skim through all public fora for possible bug reports and enhancement requests.