Actual Book on Hollywood 7?

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
amigasociety

Actual Book on Hollywood 7?

Post by amigasociety »

I wonder if there is anyone that has printed the .PDF manual and created a book on Hollywood.

I tend to prefer reading actual books... not online stuff.

Just curious.

TJ
jPV

Re: Actual Book on Hollywood 7?

Post by jPV »

I guess you can print it yourself :)

But I prefer the HTML documentation anyway, it's quick to follow links or jump to different sections, which would be difficult with the printed material. I have a local copy of HTML documentation on my HD, so I don't have to use network for that. For some reason copy of HTML documentation isn't included in the Amiga version, but I found a copy from a Linux archive and copied that to my MorphOS system. Somehow HTML is more pleasing for my eyes to read than AmigaGuide.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

The reason why there is no HTML documentation in the Amiga version is that previously the Amiga version was unpacked on a CD and the ISO file system imposed a certain file name limit which the HTML files exceeded. But since distribution is now different, putting the HTML documentation back into the Amiga distribution would probably be a good idea.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Code: Select all

- Change [Doc]: Hollywood's HTML documentation is now part of the Amiga distribution of Hollywood again
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

:)
I never liked, that I have to download extract it from Linux tar.bzip as it is quite slow to navigate through that archive type on a G4...
(and on Windows this type is not supported at all by default)
r-tea

Post by r-tea »

jPV wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:07 am Somehow HTML is more pleasing for my eyes to read than AmigaGuide.

I felt the same, until I found that MorphOS Multiview has nice settings, so that you can get rid of default Multiview's boxed links. Then you can customize colours of all Amiga Guide document contents.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

There are two solutions, make a zip or lha file with the html documentation for download and make a print book with a bounty and printable for the A2 guys from Poland experts in make manual books for Amos, Blizt Basic.