Too many upvalues!

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
Juan Carlos

Too many upvalues!

Post by Juan Carlos »

I only get this message error when I compile my program, are there a limit of variables and functions in the Hollywood code?
Juan Carlos

Re: Too many upvalues!

Post by Juan Carlos »

So, is there number limit of code lines?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Please post a minimal code sample.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

I'm sorry but my code has 6000 lines with code, it is impossible put here all code, so is there a limit of "if - endIf" instructions?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Also I did other test with one old copy of source code and is curious, i copyed a variable declaration and inside the old code and it gives the error, i renamed it and continues the problem, i think that Hollywood ide corrupt the source code, even under Windows 7 the IDE sometimes crashed the 32 and 64 bits, in a test the IDE doesn't find one sound and instead of show the error the IDE crashed and Windows close it.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Juan Carlos wrote:I'm sorry but my code has 6000 lines with code, it is impossible put here all code, so is there a limit of "if - endIf" instructions?
There is a limit concerning the span of control structure blocks, i.e. you cannot do the following:

Code: Select all

If a = True
   (insert thousands of lines of code here)
EndIf
The problem with this code is that if a is not TRUE, Hollywood needs to jump to the end of the if block and this jump is coded in a single opcode which uses 24 bits for the destination PC. So you are limited to about 16.7 million instructions per if block.
Juan Carlos wrote:Also I did other test with one old copy of source code and is curious, i copyed a variable declaration and inside the old code and it gives the error, i renamed it and continues the problem, i think that Hollywood ide corrupt the source code, even under Windows 7 the IDE sometimes crashed the 32 and 64 bits, in a test the IDE doesn't find one sound and instead of show the error the IDE crashed and Windows close it.
Once again, I need clear instructions on how to reproduce this issue, otherwise I can't help.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

It is difficult, because I shall send you the code with sounds and graphics but the game proyect is the Sabrina SS, I shall try other like game to appear the problem.