Cracktro

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
jPV

Re: Cracktro

Post by jPV »

Cool_amigaN wrote:After today's update (7.1), Display 2 (the actual cracktro) dissapeared even on MorphOS. Or to place it differently, Display 1 remains always on top.
Yeah, it should be fixed under Windows now, but it seems to bug on MorphOS instead :/

Check here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1829
jPV

Post by jPV »

Ok, I misunderstood how it was fixed, it's actually the wanted behaviour that desktop display will be always on top, and it was added to work so on other platforms too.

You have to use the grab desktop way I described here to have two Hollywood windows (desktop + effect) over each other:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1820#p9305
Cool_amigaN

Post by Cool_amigaN »

No, GrabDesktop doesn't work the same way Desktop works, or at least I can find a way to re-create the effect 100%. I 've written the following:

Code: Select all

DISPLAY 1, {Borderless=True, DisableBlanker = True}

GrabDesktop(1)

BrushToBGPic(1,1)

BGPicToBrush(1, 2)

BrushToGray(2)

DisplayBrush(2, 0, 0)

For k = 10 To 100 Step 20
        CopyBrush(2, 3)
        TintBrush(3, #BLACK, k)
        DisplayBrush(3, 0, 0)
Next

BrushToBGPic(3,2)
DisplayBGPic(2)
But for a split second it displays the desktop on a small (default, 640x480?) resolution, before going fullscreen. Can you verify that as well?
jPV

Post by jPV »

Cool_amigaN wrote:But for a split second it displays the desktop on a small (default, 640x480?) resolution, before going fullscreen.
Yeah, if you don't define bgpic in the display preprocessor, it opens always in 640x480 window first. That's why I put the Hidden=True in my example, to not show the window until we have set what we want as its bgpic (and then show it with OpenDisplay when all is ready).

Maybe this would work. I also "optimized" it a bit to grab directly to brush 2 (no need to have that many copies in memory), and I also added freeing of brushes after we finish with them. Full desktop sized images take some memory after all and it's good to free them if they aren't needed anymore.

Code: Select all

@DISPLAY 1, {Borderless=True, DisableBlanker = True, Hidden = True}

GrabDesktop(2)

BrushToBGPic(2,1)

DisplayBGPic(1)

OpenDisplay(1)

BrushToGray(2)

DisplayBrush(2, 0, 0)

For k = 10 To 100 Step 20
    CopyBrush(2, 3)
    TintBrush(3, #BLACK, k)
    DisplayBrush(3, 0, 0)
Next

BrushToBGPic(3,1)
DisplayBGPic(1)

FreeBrush(2)
FreeBrush(3)
Cool_amigaN

Post by Cool_amigaN »

Just wanted to inform that up above jPV's code did the trick and recreated the blanker effect as it's included on Hollywood's examples :) Perhaps, someone can find it useful in the future.

In the meantime got info from a freind that mp3 linked file on the binary resulted into error on AOS4 FE classic edition on WinUAE and on OS4FE on X1000:

OS4 FE classic / WinUAE:

OS4FE all latest patches on X1000:

Checked the manual and it seems that mp3s are not supported by default globally. Is this a known limitation for OS4FE ? Anyway, I converted the mp3 to wav which seems to be working universally and will test it asap, however given that it increases my binary size a lot is there any other way to overcome this obstacle (via a plug in or so)? Strange thing is that the test systems havethe mpega.library installed and plays mp3s just fine.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Cool_amigaN on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

You need avcodec.hwp.
Cool_amigaN

Post by Cool_amigaN »

Thanks, that was fast :)
Cool_amigaN

Post by Cool_amigaN »

Ressurecting this old thread because out of curiosity I tried the Android Hollywood Player (latest - downloaded today), with my script (compiled as applet - .hwa format). Anyhow, I am getting a Out of Memory error - File: RP18.hws (current line: 87 - in function: GrabDesktop).

I can assure you that device is not our of memory (Moto Z 3GB Ram, Android 8.0).

Any idea what's going on? Yearly Amicamp is near and I would like to display something different from Hollywood :)

On another aspect, I have never understood why I can't get the demo to run in bigger resolutions (I am basing my cracktro on Lemmings cracktro example from Hollywood) or why when forced fullscreen graphics look bad (like low resolution that gets strecthed). Should I use vector graphics?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Cool_amigaN wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:31 pm Any idea what's going on? Yearly Amicamp is near and I would like to display something different from Hollywood :)
Yup, GrabDesktop() is unsupported on Android :)
On another aspect, I have never understood why I can't get the demo to run in bigger resolutions (I am basing my cracktro on Lemmings cracktro example from Hollywood) or why when forced fullscreen graphics look bad (like low resolution that gets strecthed). Should I use vector graphics?
Well, of course scaling pixel graphics will lead to artefacts, that's in the nature of things. You could try to enable bilinear interpolation using SMOOTHSCALE to make it look better. Vector graphics is possible for lossless scaling but that's more difficult.