Transparent app's background

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Transparent app's background

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

@ferin:
Concerning the vector path stuff, please post the code that doesn't work as text because I can't be bothered to type text from screenshots. I need to be able to copy & paste :)
Ferin

Post by Ferin »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Concerning the vector path stuff, please post the code that doesn't work as text because I can't be bothered to type text from screenshots. I need to be able to copy & paste :)
Hmmm, i can't reproduce problem with drawing single straight line, it works. Really weird, until you've asked for code, it didn't. I remember i had similar issue with other things,
and after some time without particular reason it started to work. Maybe it's related to my noobiness and/or AmigaOS is playing with me. I apologise for confusion.

Despite that PathToBrush still does not want to convert one path to brush, keeps saying that table needs at least one item.

Code: Select all

StartPath(1)
MoveTo(1, 0, 0)
LineTo(1, 100, 100)
LineTo(1, -100, 100)
LineTo(1, -100, -100)
LineTo(1, 100, -100)
DrawPath(1, 250, 250, #RED) 
ClosePath(1)

PathToBrush(1, {ID=1, COLOR=#YELLOW})
airsoftsoftwair

PathToBrush() can convert multiple paths to a brush so you need to provide a table of tables. Like this:

PathToBrush(1, {{ID=1, COLOR=#YELLOW}})
There's also an example in the doc ;)
Ferin

Post by Ferin »

airsoftsoftwair wrote:PathToBrush() can convert multiple paths to a brush so you need to provide a table of tables. Like this:

PathToBrush(1, {{ID=1, COLOR=#YELLOW}})
There's also an example in the doc ;)
OMG... Because there is only one path i assumed, that only one pair of brackets is required but i was wrong...
Thank you, works perfectly now ; )
Ferin

Post by Ferin »

Ok, there is a problem with single LineTo() command. I've investigated a bit and that's what i've found.
When drawing Single Line with FillStyle(#FILLCOLOR) and SetFormStyle(#ANTIALIAS) enabled line will not be drawn.
But it's enough to chenge FILLCOLOR to FILLNONE with ANTIALIAS enabled or disable ANTIALIAS when FILLCOLOR is
in action and line wil be visible. In code below example with line invisible:

EnableLayers()
;SetFillStyle(#FILLNONE,1)
SetFillStyle(#FILLCOLOR)
SetFormStyle(#ANTIALIAS)

StartPath(1)
MoveTo(1, 0, 0)
LineTo(1, -100, -100)
DrawPath(1, 250, 250, #RED) 
ClosePath(1)
airsoftsoftwair

I don't think that's a bug because if you're only drawing a single line there's nothing to fill so using #FILLCOLOR is the wrong draw mode here. You should use #FILLNONE in that case. #FILLCOLOR is for filling shapes, #FILLNONE for drawing lines and outlines.
Ferin

Post by Ferin »

I don't know if that's a bug or a feature but how antialias is related to it? Because it seems that it plays mine role in disappearing of lines.
airsoftsoftwair

It's undefined behaviour. #FILLCOLOR should only be used if there is something to fill which is clearly not the case when there's just a single line.