Need to make the fastest "list" on classic amiga

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
peceha

Need to make the fastest "list" on classic amiga

Post by peceha »

Hi,
the title doesn't say too much so let me explain.
I have a window where I can display all, let's say mp3, from a choosen folder - the display is like a list, one name under another.
Now if the list height is greater then window's height I need to scroll the list - here comes the question: how to approach that to make it fast on amiga?

So far I have my little window, it even has its own scrollbars (working perfectly fine) and I have my own way of handling the list - I just make it as a ... sprite ( :D ) and change its position if needed.
That is how it looks on windows (it's faaaast)
https://youtu.be/E5CF4qqTVTc

Unfortunately if the list is 200 items long that approach won't work (too slow, or too big memory consumption - I don't know, just guessing)
Other thing is when I want to add something to the list (or remove) I need to create whole sprite again - it takes time if there is already 100 songs ...

Any ideas ?

PS. quite important - I do not want to use any plugins like MUI - just pure Hollywood.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Need to make the fastest "list" on classic amiga

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Use HGui.
peceha

Post by peceha »

I will try.
Thanks
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Hi @peceha,
next week I will release HGui and all my examples and tutorials available at that time, I will include the full application HFinder source code and I will also give any assistance needed to build apps with HGui, just have a little more patience.
I'm finalizing a script to build packages to automate distribution of involved files :)