....mov not recognized as a video stream

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
gerograph

....mov not recognized as a video stream

Post by gerograph »

Hi all,

just a quick question: I have some older compiled Hollywood executables, which do contain videos. My new Windows 10 System says:

"tempnamesomething.mov not recognized as a video stream"

1) What is wrong? Missing codec? Where to get it from?
2) If so, is there any possibility to include needed codes for my presentation? Maybe with a newer Hollywoodversion?

Thanks for infos.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: ....mov not recognized as a video stream

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Do you have the avcodec.hwp plugin installed on Windows? If this isn't installed, Hollywood will only support codecs supported by DirectShow which .MOV isn't AFAIR.
gerograph

Post by gerograph »

Thanx, for the infos... however I did not install the avcoded.hwp. It wasn't installed on my XP machine neither? As far as I understood, the plugin should be in the same dir as my #?.exe (in this case *.exe ;-) ) file? Did that, but still got the same error message - maybe it is a Win 10/64bit problem?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

The plugins under Windows must copyed join the executable. Under Amiga there are two options install the plugins or join the program but the plugins the version of your Amiga system.
gerograph

Post by gerograph »

The plugins under Windows must copyed join the executable
That's what I did! "The plugin under Windows should be copied into the same Directory as the executable" (@Carlos: That was what you wanted to say, wasn't it?)
airsoftsoftwair

Ok, I think I know what's wrong here. Your executables were probably compiled with Hollywood 5.0 which doesn't have a platform-independent video renderer but only the Amiga video renderer supports plugins on Hollywood 5.0. That's why avcodec.hwp is completely ignored on Windows. You need to upgrade to a newer Hollywood version, at least Hollywood 5.2 but Hollywood 6.0 is of course better.
gerograph

Post by gerograph »

Does it work, if I install any additional 3rd party software/library on Win10 e.g. ffmpg or similar? Nevertheless HW 6 will be purchased for my next project anyway :-)
airsoftsoftwair

No, installing FFMPEG won't help since this isn't compatible to DirectShow. Maybe there's a MOV codec for DirectShow somewhere, then it might work. But the best idea really is to use a newer Hollywood version :)