Is MP3 ssupport in Hollywood itself?

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
Bugala

Is MP3 ssupport in Hollywood itself?

Post by Bugala »

Is the MP3 support in Hollywood itself, or is it through plugins in some cases?

For the smoeone who tried the MAC version earlier didnt get teh MP3s to work (i mentioned that in different thread where you pointed out to avcodec plugin)

And now another one is trying AOS4 version of "ducks of apocalypse" and once again getting error on MP3s. I dont have the specific error message.

But so far i have thought Hollywood supports MP3s directly, but is it so, or is it through plugins in some cases, and in which?
stefff285

Re: Is MP3 ssupport in Hollywood itself?

Post by stefff285 »

hello bugala

same question for me for linux
exactly the same problem
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

On Windows MP3 playback is supported through DirectShow, on Mac OS through the AudioFile API, on MorphOS through mp3.datatype. All other platforms need the AVCodec plugin.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

How usual is mp3.datatype in MorphOs?

I am after with this question that I suppose in Windows this DirectShow basically always is and we can just ignore the possibility that hollywood program woudlnt work because of that missing.

But on Mac it seems that from two different people who have tried Mac version, both had the AVCodec problem, so it seem AudioFile API is not that usual then.

But what about MorphOS? Is it included in MorphOS right from beginning, or should i include AVCodec plugin with MorphOS version?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

DirectShow and AudioFile should be available on every Windows and Mac OS X installation, respectively. If MP3 playback doesn't work on a certain Mac OS installation, I'd need more information on the exact OS X version as well as the MP3 that refuses to play.

mp3.datatype is also available on every MorphOS system but I don't know since when. It certainly wasn't there in very old versions.