SetDisplayAttributes and menu in FullScreen...

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
Tuxedo

SetDisplayAttributes and menu in FullScreen...

Post by Tuxedo »

Hi guys!
I've a weird question on Menus and FullScreen and also a side question about SetDisplayAttributes...

I've setted my display in that way:

Code: Select all

@DISPLAY 1, {Hidden = TRUE, Sizeable = TRUE, NoModeSwitch = TRUE, Color = $EEEEEE, Menu = 1}  ; definisco il Display 1(quello primario) e lo nascondo così da cambiarlo e poi aprirlo in base alle prefs...
Than after read preferences setted the standard attributes in that way:

SelectDisplay(1)
SetDisplayAttributes({Title = TitoloFinestra$, X = PosizioneX, Y = PosizioneY, Width = DisplayL, Height = DisplayH, Borderless = Borderless$, ScaleMode = #SCALEMODE_NONE})

OpenDisplay(1)
And in that way all works nicely, but....

Why if I switch in FullScreen with:

SetDisplayAttributes({Width = WbL, Height = WbH, Borderless = True})
ChangeDisplayMode(#DISPMODE_FULLSCREEN, WbL, WbH, {Menu = 1})
The menu in FullScreen dont works? I also tryed without Menu = 1 table and dont change anything...
And also...

Why if I use:

SetDisplayAttributes({Width = WbL, Height = WbH, Borderless = True, Mode = "FullScreen"})
I gets always a FakeFullScreen since it was drawed over WorkBench and not opened in a new screen? I also tryed to define a PubScreen(Named same way was named in the definition in SetDisplayAttributes) with the Screens utility in AmigaOS4.1FE but Hollywood says that the pixel format was unknown...

So to go FullScreen (for real) I've to use the code described above? That also gives a weird and bad screen refresh?

Thank you!
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: SetDisplayAttributes and menu in FullScreen...

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Menus are only supported in window mode. Concerning your other problem: Please provide a very small test snippet that shows the problem.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Ok seems that I missunderstand SetDisplayAttributes...
It cant open a screen directly in fullscreen right? So my question realted to SetDisplayAttributes dont have any sense, but...

Why,

@DISPLAY 1, {Hidden = TRUE, Sizeable = TRUE, NoModeSwitch = TRUE, Color = $EEEEEE}

OpenDisplay(1)

WaitLeftMouse()

SelectDisplay(1)

SetDisplayAttributes({Title = "Test window", X = 100, Y = 100, Width = 400, Height = 300, Borderless = Borderless$, ScaleMode = #SCALEMODE_NONE})

WaitLeftMouse()

SetDisplayAttributes({Width = 560, Height = 350, Borderless = True, Mode = "window", PubScreen = "Test"})

WaitLeftMouse()
- With "Test" PubScreen defined as a clone of the default pubscreen and with "open/close automatically" checked gives me the erorr reported above regarding unknown pixel format detected?

- To go FullScreen so I've to call ChangeDisplayMode() and than SetDisplayAttribute to fullfill the new screen but in any case menus will be supported in FullScreen mode in near future or no? So I can contuinue using custom ContextMenu in FullScreen and standard menus in windowed mode(weird but no choice at moment...).
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Tuxedo wrote: - With "Test" PubScreen defined as a clone of the default pubscreen and with "open/close automatically" checked gives me the erorr reported above regarding unknown pixel format detected?
Ok, I can reproduce this here. I'll fix this.
- To go FullScreen so I've to call ChangeDisplayMode() and than SetDisplayAttribute to fullfill the new screen but in any case menus will be supported in FullScreen mode in near future or no? So I can contuinue using custom ContextMenu in FullScreen and standard menus in windowed mode(weird but no choice at moment...).
The problem is that technically it's only possible on the Amiga to support menus in full screen mode. All other platforms won't support this. But even on the Amiga Hollywood might want to use some specially optimized drawing mode which makes it impossible to use menus in full screen mode. If I add support for full screen mode menus in the Amiga versions, it will have to use some special new mode. Maybe in the next update, we'll see.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Ok,
thank you.
I've only one more question...
But what's the difference with, for example, any other program that opens an on screen and have menus? But yes I dont like to have the menu/screen bar if possible to gets maximum draw area, however if the scren bar was mandatoy to have menus in fullscreen I can accept it...