Airsoft Softwair online store closes July 31th, 2012

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

Airsoft Softwair online store closes July 31th, 2012

Post by admin »

Due to personal reasons the Airsoft Softwair online store has to close at the end of July 2012. This means that no more orders can be processed after 31th July, 2012. Thus, everybody who doesn't own Hollywood or Hollywood Designer yet (or still needs the upgrade to the latest versions) should take the opportunity to secure himself a personal copy of this amazing multimedia software NOW because the store will go down on July 31th, 2012. The download versions are delivered instantly via email/WWW download and the CD versions of Hollywood and Hollywood Designer come in a nice digipak. Thank you for your continued support over the last 15 years!
Clyde

Re: Airsoft Softwair online store closes July 31th, 2012

Post by Clyde »

Oh ... Ehm, so development for Hollywood is completely discontinued??? :-( Or is it "just" not possible to buy Hollywood anymore and you still develop it (under new brand or something)? These are heavy news ... :-/
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

This is terrible, T E R R I B L E: please Andreas give us more details, I feel like a black hole is getting all my hours, days, years spent mastering Hollywood...
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

@Allanon: On the German Amiga-News site (www.amiga-news.de) it is said, that only selling Hollywood is stopped. At least updates will be available. Nevertheless, I do hope overall development goes on (maybe under a new brand!?)
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Some clarifications:
1. Development will go on. Updates and new plugins are already in the pipeline.
2. All Internet sites of Airsoft Softwair and Hollywood will stay online except the store.
3. The store will go down at the end of July for an indefinite time. "Indefinite" may mean temporarily or for good. I honestly can't tell at this time.
4. If you are interested in Hollywood/Hollywood Designer, I strongly recommend you to buy the package now. That's why I made this announcement after all. I don't want to disappoint anyone. That's why I'm telling you straight away that I won't be able to process any more orders after the end of this month. So here's your chance to grab your personal copy.
5. I understand that the lack of information concerning the store closure is unsatisfactory but please understand and respect that I can't tell anything more at this time. I also won't comment on any speculations.
6. Reports of Hollywood's death are greatly exaggerated. :-)
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Thanks from clarification, you surely scared us all i guess.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Hi!
Hope that news was :

- only because some sort of problem regarding Hollywood name itself(maybe some sort of copyright problem whit most famous Hollywood?)

- means that Hollywood have some ongoing merchandise agreement that will enanche Hollywoood visibility and seli :)

However...Keep up good work Andreas!!!!!!
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

Well ive never heard of any other software product called Hollywood so not likely to be a naming issue. IANAL but surely Hollywood something else surely has to be in the same industry. Foreinstance apple computers and apple records.
Evolve - Rapid GUI Development tool for MUI Royale and RapaGUI
http://myevolve.wordpress.com
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Thank you Andreas for your clarifications, that's enough for me to kick out all speculations around :-)
Respect, you deserve it, and no more questions will come from me, keep up your great work :-D
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Just checking this thing too, but you will still be selling that Ipad compiling service?