Hollywood APK Compiler 1.0 released

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
Juan Carlos

Re: Hollywood APK Compiler 1.0 released

Post by Juan Carlos »

I have one problem with keytool, I donwloaded the last java sdk update the 1.8.0_71 and the first the command as you put in the guide keytool" doesn't work with the " but without them the program runs until ask the Enter keystore password, here the prompt doesn't allow me write letters neither numbers, I work under Windows 10, where is the problem?

SOLVED, I made it with jre1.8.0_71 and no " after of keystore program.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

@xabier: Ok, I've added this information to the doc.
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

i´m compiling some applets to apk, and work fine, but one of them, with the player work fine in android, with the apk only show a black screen, any idea why? is 100% compatible?
airsoftsoftwair

They should be 100% compatible but the Hollywood APK Compiler uses a snapshot of Hollywood 6.1. Please send me the applet (or upload it somewhere) and I'll check what's wrong there.
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

i see the same problem with several applets, there are tedious big files, let me find where is the trouble, and i report it to you
KeHo-Software

Post by KeHo-Software »

Thanks Andreas for this program to Hollywood!
The payment is done.
I am on stand by for the first tests.
Great job as always. :D

Greetings Achim from KeHo Software - hopefully soon on Google Playstore... :geek:
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

What are the mimimum requirements of APK Compiler and the needed Third Party Software ? Can it be used with Windows NT/2000, XP/2003 oder does it need at least Win7/2008 ?
airsoftsoftwair

The APK Compiler works on my XP PC. However, my XP PC doesn't use the latest versions of the JDK, SDK, and NDK. I don't know if the latest versions of those external toolchains still work on XP. Maybe try installing all those external dependencies on your XP PC. If it works, then the APK Compiler will also work.
airsoftsoftwair

Version 1.1 is now available in the download section for all customers. This version doesn't contain any new features but just some more sanity checks to make sure the build process will go through, e.g. the NDK toolchain doesn't work with paths that contain spaces so the APK Compiler won't accept the NDK (or Cygwin) in a path with spaces any longer. It will also no longer accept keystore aliases with invalid characters.
lazi

Post by lazi »

At last installed the APK Compiler and tried to make a standalone Android application. I have to report that it works, it does what it promise and it is good for us! :-)

If nobody is against it tomorrow I will post a bit lengthy off-hand coverage of the process.