Dynamical Compilation and executable creation

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
fingus

Dynamical Compilation and executable creation

Post by fingus »

Is it possible just only to copy the parts used in a hollywood-project to the executable (the hollywood "player"), to keep the executable filesize as small as possible.
I know that theres something like a virtual machine in it and 1 MB for that isn't very big for such a hellkitchen ;-)
Clyde

Re: Dynamical Compilation and executable creation

Post by Clyde »

Uh, you hit the open wound of Hollywood or Andreas. :-) Pull your finger out of it! :-D Many of us are waiting for that and Andreas has already prepared that functionality, but for security reasons he did not publish it yet (which I can understand). Still, I hope we will have the real Hollywood player soon. Andreas? :-)
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Dynamical Compilation and executable creation

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

I think fingus means something different here. He's not asking for the notorious HollywoodPlayer but for an option so that the compiler only links the parts really needed by the executable, i.e. if a script doesn't use the transition fx library, then it won't be linked. If a script doesn't use sounds, the sound library won't be linked and so on. But this functionality won't come in a foreseeable future because it's a lot of work and doesn't really bring that much of an advantage. I agree that big executables are somewhat ugly, but nowadays it really doesn't hurt... it's just an aesthetic thing that people like small executables :)