c) contain an x and y offset that can also be negative
d) be a symbolic link to another frame, but possibly with unique offset values

3) A Hollywood web browser plugin.
Sadly, Andreas told us, that this is probably not going to happen... :-(

So... What do *you* want? :-)
Tuxedo

Re: So... what do we want the most?

Post by Tuxedo »

I like very much to get an "Asyncronous" object handler for every function...
In that way we can get something "real" multithreadig...
I know that was really hard to get...
But maybe in (near)future at least Asyncronous objects for something like Loaders and some function from ggx library was usefull same way :)

Just to say something :)
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Joystick/joypad support is working again with Hollywood 4.6!
kas1e

Post by kas1e »

@Andreas
Will be cool to have those abilitys:

1. Usage system fonts (i mean the same font, which you have for all the system apps). Like you write in Hollywood prog "system font use", and , app will grab system font from system (fonts: ) and use. That will make good end-users feel.

2. Context menu support. Like user press right mouse button, and have spawned menu by which he can navigate, and choice classic thinks like about, open/close, etc. Just configurable by developer.

3. OpenGL support for all the graphics functions. (it can be the same fucntion as for now, just with additional thinks like HW_Func_OGL).
That will allow developers create HW accelerated apps.

4. As Tuxedo say "Asyncronous object handler for every function.. In that way we can get something "real" multithreadig..". That will be indeed very nice and cool :)
Gnu

Post by Gnu »

Hi all.
I've heard of Hollywood for many years but always thought is was a Scala replacement. Just downloaded the demo and it's an impressive language with easy cross platform compiling but with a few hours of tinkering some wishlist thoughts occur to me.

- Hollywood compiles to Android. Would open up app programming on the Amiga. giving developers a revenue stream while they support Amigans.
Would have to figure out a simple way of implementing the accelerometer and touch facilities from Android though.

- Although OS4 only, Cairo vector library would be great for making cleaner presentations, games and guis.

Thank you for making this great software and supporting the community

Rregards
Gnu
katie

Post by katie »

I like the idea of having an Android app. I'm often using my phone to make notes to myself, etc. It would be great if I could use the app to make adjustments while I'm out and about. The app would have to automatically sync with my program through the internet. It will be a lot of coding to create an app like this, but I'm sure avid users would be willing to pay a decent amount for an app like that.

Post by Tuxedo »

I think much than n ndroid compile was much needed a iPhone/Pad compile...
Since Hollywood just compiles for MacOSX maybe that wasnt so difficult to implement and much of all...thats maybe a really GOOD way to earn some money from our hollywood programs :)

What do you think Andreas?
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Gnu

Post by Gnu »

I like the idea of Iphone compiling but I believe their will be liscencing issues with Apple. Android does not suffer from this as far as I know.
Your right that it may be easier for andreas and I would be happy either way :)

Cheers
katie

Post by katie »

kas1e wrote:@Andreas
Will be cool to have those abilitys:

2. Context menu support. Like user press right mouse button, and have spawned menu by which he can navigate, and choice classic thinks like about, open/close, etc. Just configurable by developer.
I agree that context menu support would enable us to work at a much faster pace. I'm all about efficiency, and shortcuts are one of my favorite ways to speed up. The more options we can have a the click of the mouse, the quicker we will be able to work.