New Function: WindowToBack()

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here

New Function: WindowToBack()

Postby PEB » Wed May 31, 2017 5:54 am

Could a function be added to send a Hollywood window to the back---placing it behind other open windows?

A related request:
Would it be possible to make a Hollywood display remain in the back, so that no other window can be placed behind it?
PEB

Re: New Function: WindowToBack()

Postby airsoftsoftwair » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:47 pm

Putting a window to the back of the z-order is possible but making it remain there isn't, at least not in a platform-independent, clean way. AmigaOS has the concept of backdrop windows but on other operating systems such things aren't really supported.
airsoftsoftwair

Postby PEB » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:12 am

Got it.
Thanks!
PEB

Postby jPV » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:38 am

I have somehow related issue myself, you can bring a screen to front with ShowScreen from the Amiga support library, but can you send screen to back in any way? If not, could that be added? :)

I created a custom screen depth gadget for my fullscreen borderless program, which doesn't have the standard depth gadget, and I didn't figure a way to send it back. I now bring the desktop screen to front to "simulate" the effect, but it doesn't stack the screens in the same order it would go with the system features. Now the Hollywood screen is left next to the front screen and not put to the last as it would go with the system screen gadget or command-m etc.
jPV

Postby airsoftsoftwair » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:04 am

Yes, should be possible to add this to the AmigaOS support library.
airsoftsoftwair

Postby airsoftsoftwair » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Code: Select all
- New [Amiga]: Added HideScreen() command which sends a screen to the back of the display; the
  optional argument is the name of a pubscreen; if omitted, the front-most screen is sent to the
  back which is typically what you want
airsoftsoftwair

Return to Wishlist