SCALEMODE_CHOOSE

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
Bugala

SCALEMODE_CHOOSE

Post by Bugala »

When trying to get Hollywood programs to run on lower powered machines, it is better not to use heavy scaling systems, however, then when using them on more powerful machines, it is much nicer if you can use and stretch the window as you like, and program still to look good, which is a result of using SmoothScale engine.

As same program might be used on both lower power as well as highend machine, it would be handy to have "SCALEMODE_CHOOSE" as one of the options, in which case user would be asked at beginning which scaling engine he wishes to use, similar to screenmode selection.
Bugala

Re: SCALEMODE_CHOOSE

Post by Bugala »

Bit of correction as i remembered this wrong.

Choise to both use AUTO, LAYER or NONE, as well as "Smoothscale" to TRUE or FALSE choice.

Especially the Smoothscale is the critical part. For right now if i use "SCALEMODE_LAYER" and dont put up smoothscale, game is speedwise playable on my SAM440EP, any other options makes it too slow, especailly the smoothscale. Yet, If i be playing on X1000, and i would like to resize the window, then Smoothscale=TRUE is what i would want.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: SCALEMODE_CHOOSE

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

That's not very likely to come because not every scaling engine is recommended for each script. If you really want something like that, just open your display in hidden mode and then ask the user which scaling mode he wants to have and then use SetDisplayAttributes() to install it and open the display.