Open Fonts under Windows 7

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood

Open Fonts under Windows 7

Postby Juan Carlos » Sat May 31, 2014 10:02 am

I use for my current proyect the font "Chinese Takeaway" include the space, but I saw a problem with Windows 7 it add the word " Normal" and now the result is this "Chinese Takeaway Normal" with @Font I write the sentence: @FONT 3, "Chinese Takeaway Normal.font", 18 the IDE uses the font correctly but making the executable the IDE can'ts because no finds the font I wrote: @FONT 3, "Chinese Takeaway.font", 18 but neither it mades the executable I think that the problem is because Windows 7 add the word " Normal" to all fonts and the IDE can'ts handle this problem.
User avatar
Juan Carlos
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Palencia

Re: Open Fonts under Windows 7

Postby airsoftsoftwair » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Does it generally not work in Hollywood or only if you want to link the font into an executable?
User avatar
airsoftsoftwair
 
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:33 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Open Fonts under Windows 7

Postby Juan Carlos » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:53 pm

Andreas wrote:Does it generally not work in Hollywood or only if you want to link the font into an executable?

I want link into the executable, for example with Amiga fonts there isn't this problem, I think that the problem is because Windows 7 add the Normal to differentiate the normal fonts of special fonts with special letters for example chinesse and in all fonts with european letters it show them with this " Normal" but the IDE doesn't link for this extra word in the fonts although I can use them testing the proyect.
User avatar
Juan Carlos
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Palencia

Re: Open Fonts under Windows 7

Postby airsoftsoftwair » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:39 pm

Ok, so it's a Chinese font. Hollywood might not be able to handle these at the moment because there is no full Unicode support at this time. Workaround: Specify the *.ttf file directly in @FONT using #FONTENGINE_INBUILT:

See here: http://www.hollywood-mal.com/docs/html/ ... tFONT.html
User avatar
airsoftsoftwair
 
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:33 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Open Fonts under Windows 7

Postby Juan Carlos » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Andreas wrote:Ok, so it's a Chinese font. Hollywood might not be able to handle these at the moment because there is no full Unicode support at this time. Workaround: Specify the *.ttf file directly in @FONT using #FONTENGINE_INBUILT:

See here: http://www.hollywood-mal.com/docs/html/ ... tFONT.html

No it isn't a Chinesse font it is a font with Chinesse look but with occidental characters.
User avatar
Juan Carlos
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Palencia

Re: Open Fonts under Windows 7

Postby Juan Carlos » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Well, I test the same font installed under AmigaOS3 and the IDE makes the executables with the fonts without problems, embeded the font perfectly under OS3, the problem under Windows is as I told you for the extra word " Normal" in the fonts.
User avatar
Juan Carlos
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Palencia

Re: Open Fonts under Windows 7

Postby airsoftsoftwair » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:32 pm

I've tried this here and it seems to be a strange font because even Microsoft Word can't handle it correctly so it's probably broken. However, I managed to get it to work with Hollywood by using #FONTENGINE_INBUILT. The following code works fine here - both, from the IDE and also when compiled:

Code: Select all
@FONT 1, "Chinese Takeaway", 76, {Engine = #FONTENGINE_INBUILT}

UseFont(1)
NPrint("Hello World")
WaitLeftMouse
End
User avatar
airsoftsoftwair
 
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:33 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Open Fonts under Windows 7

Postby Juan Carlos » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Andreas wrote:I've tried this here and it seems to be a strange font because even Microsoft Word can't handle it correctly so it's probably broken. However, I managed to get it to work with Hollywood by using #FONTENGINE_INBUILT. The following code works fine here - both, from the IDE and also when compiled:

Code: Select all
@FONT 1, "Chinese Takeaway", 76, {Engine = #FONTENGINE_INBUILT}

UseFont(1)
NPrint("Hello World")
WaitLeftMouse
End


Thanks Andreas, now the font is embeded under Windows, also I tested the font under my OS4 and here the font has the normal name "Chinese Takeaway" and it also is embeded in the executable, (I can't to do more test under OS4 because my Sam460ex now is K.O.), the problem is under Windows 7 but with your solution , {Engine = #FONTENGINE_INBUILT} the problem is solved, thanks Andreas.
User avatar
Juan Carlos
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Palencia


Return to Windows IDE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron