CVS for Hollywood

Discuss anything about the Hollywood plugins for Cubic IDE and Codebench here
fingus

CVS for Hollywood

Post by fingus »

I´m working from two different Workplaces on my Hollywood-Programms (At Home or Work). So it would be very helpful to install a CVS on my Webspace to track down which changes was done.

Anyone know a simple PHP-Based CVS-System?
Upload should be done with FTP or SFTP.
Clyde

Re: CVS for Hollywood

Post by Clyde »

Unfortunately I don't know self-hosted pure PHP CVS solutions. If you don't mind that you code is public you could use the free git hub orgoogle code services which host the code for you.

If you want a closed hosted infrastructure which has a free edition you can use http://www.projectlocker.com/

Or you could install your oven SVN or git server on on of your machines and use DynDNS to get access over the net, but this is of course risky and you have a server which has to be always on (energy, ... - probably a RasPi would be appropriate for that! :-)).
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

This is not exactly what you are looking for, but I keep using Dropbox for my similar needs.

Idea is that it makes a dropbox folder to your computer, and what ever you put on that folder, will appear to other computers dropbox folders that you have chosen to sync with.

I have dropbox in my desktop and laptop and i usually keep my Hollywood programs that I am programming in dropbox folder so that everytime i make a change, it will automatically update it to both computers.

And if you dont wish to have copy of everything in your dropbox folder to your work place, you can also choose to make subdirectory to dropbox folder and choose to share only that subdirectory with your work computer.

Anyway. If you decide to use Dropbox, please use this link: http://db.tt/nyog6ODT (it will give you and me both 250 Mb extra space)
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

I really like that idea, Bugala! Cool!
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc