VU-meter, scopes and scrollers

Discuss any general programming issues here
puni

VU-meter, scopes and scrollers

Post by puni »

Hi there!

I'm new to AmigaOS 4.1 and Hollywood. Have purchased both the ordinary package and designer. I'm currently spending some time learning the syntax and the different functions. My goal is to create the second issue of the music disk "Absolute Dølle" for AmigaOS 4.1 :) Have had a lot of fun so far, and hope this will continue.

I was therefore wondering if anyone had some tips on how to create a smooth, simple text-scroller? I just want it to scroll from the right hand side of the screen to the left. Haven't found the function in Designer, other than the cool "textout" option. I'm also curious on how to make VU-meters and scopes in Hollywood. Does anyone have any pointers? Have only made this stuff in AMOS before, which had inbuilt command for VU-meters. ;)

Thanks in advance for the help!
airsoftsoftwair

Re: VU-meter, scopes and scrollers

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

I'm sorry but vu meters are currently not possible with Hollywood. It would be a lot of work to implement functionality for vu meters because they have to intercept sound data at a very low level.

Text scrollers are of course possible. But it's easier to do this in Hollywood itself. Check out the cracktro examples... there are all kinds of scrollers in them :)