MacOS Binaries

Discuss any general programming issues here
airsoftsoftwair

Re: MacOS Binaries

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

No idea how this works on Mac OS, ask Google :)

On Windows the path to the desktop is stored somewhere in the registry and you can use ReadRegistryKey() to find that out. To create a shortcut on the desktop, you can use the CreateShortcut() function. Both functions are only available in the Windows version of Hollywood.
nexus

Post by nexus »

Okay, again a MacOS problem.
Where do I have to store the svg- and vectorgraphic plugins? I remember that I have read this info somewhere but I can't find it anymore.
At least, my mac binary does not work. While there is no problem in AOS/Linux and Windows.

Oh .. and are these plugins different from the linux or windows plugins? Maybe, I have included the wrong version.

cheers,
nexus
airsoftsoftwair

Yes, the information is in the documentation:
On Mac OS X, you need to put the plugin inside the application bundle, i.e. inside the Hollywood.app/Contents/MacOS directory.
nexus

Post by nexus »

Andreas wrote:Yes, the information is in the documentation:
On Mac OS X, you need to put the plugin inside the application bundle, i.e. inside the Hollywood.app/Contents/MacOS directory.
Ah, the obvious place to look for information .. but I bothered instead the google interface ;-)

Thanks!
nexus
Arminius

Post by Arminius »

Forgive me for resurrecting this old thread but I think my question fits here:

I've compiled a Hollywood program as a carbon app for MacOS PPC. It works fine on OSX (10.4.11) but under MacOS 9.2 it just shows the .app as a folder. It is not recognized as an executable. Anyone got any experience on how to make it run on Mac OS9? The classic MacOS had a rather messy way of storing a programs info in a resource fork and a data fork....
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Arminius wrote:Forgive me for resurrecting this old thread but I think my question fits here:

I've compiled a Hollywood program as a carbon app for MacOS PPC. It works fine on OSX (10.4.11) but under MacOS 9.2 it just shows the .app as a folder. It is not recognized as an executable. Anyone got any experience on how to make it run on Mac OS9? The classic MacOS had a rather messy way of storing a programs info in a resource fork and a data fork....
MacOS 9.2 is unsupported by Hollywood.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
Arminius

Post by Arminius »

You're absolutely positive it is impossible to compile 9.2 apps? I mean, it's already a carbon app. I'd figure you'd have to manually edit the resource fork and change the file typ to APPL. Nobody else got any idea (Andreas maybe?)
airsoftsoftwair

Sorry, you need at least 10.4. Even though Hollywood on PowerPC is a Carbon application, it uses lots and lots of things introduced in 10.0 and later. So no chance to run this on OS 9.