Smartwatches

Discuss any general programming issues here
p-OS

Smartwatches

Post by p-OS »

Hello,

I wonder if anyone already tried running Hollywood Apps (compiled , not HWPlayer) on Android Watches ?

Most of them have round shaped displays

On Android Hollywood does not support transparent displays, thus they can only be rectangular.

So i wonder if they fail to open a Display at all?

I'm talking about smartwatches like the Finow X5 Air or the KingWear KW98.

They run an 1.3 GHz quadcore ARM CPU, between 0.5 and 2 GB RAM, and a rounded display of 400x400 px. OS is Android 5.1 (NOT Android Wear).
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Smartwatches

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

I have no idea since I have no such device. So feel free to report your experiences here.
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

I have some apks compiled for my sony smartwatch3 and working fine all them
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

Interesting, till now I thought, Android apps have to be explicitly written for Android Wear, and that nirmal Andorid Apps do not work. That's why I was explicitly looking for a watch with a full Android.

Besides that on your device I'm not surprised, taht it works, couse it is a rectangular dispaly
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

Apps writen in normal resolutions for a normal android
Device, phone, tablet etc, are scaled for the smartwatch screen, and working perfect, if you write your app in the smartwatch resolution, 320x320 on sw3 for example, you must have best performance ever
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

I have installed scoreboards apk, you can find it in the store, in my smartwatch, and it's exactly the same that in the phone is. Evidently is not writen for smartwatches, and is not very useful in the watch