Can Hollywood create "modal" display?

Discuss any general programming issues here
Allanon

Can Hollywood create "modal" display?

Post by Allanon »

Hello,
I'm trying to include in HGui a requester that integrates with the current HGui theme, so I'd like to avoid using (for example) SystemRequest() and use instead a custom requester using HGui.
I need to create a modal window, a modal window is a window that is always the frontmost window blocking the code flow until the user has made his choice or close the requester. To be honest I've implemented two ways, one blocking and one leaving the code flow... anyway...
I've actually tried to emulate the modal behaviour installing an event handler that activate the requester window everytime it detects that the requester has lost its focus (deactivated). It currently work but sometimes, if I hardly click like a mad everywhere, some events of the buttons behind the requester are triggered so it could be useful to have a real modal window.

Any hints?
Allanon

Re: Can Hollywood create "modal" display?

Post by Allanon »

Ok, I've found a workaround filtering all incoming events and listening only the ones coming from my simulated "modal" window, but it still be usefull to have modal windows natively with Hollywood :)
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Sorry, modal windows are currently not supported and there are currently no plans for this because window modality can be quite a pain. Better implement your own version :)
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Ok, I've already implemented my own version on HGui :D
Seems to work fine ;)