GetDisplayModes and OpenDisplay and Windows

Discuss any general programming issues here
zylesea

GetDisplayModes and OpenDisplay and Windows

Post by zylesea »

I try to open a display on its own screen in native resolution. My approach: get Displaymodes with getdisplaymodes and open a display with the values of the last item of the list returned by getdisplaymodes. This works on my MorphOS machines, on my WindowsXP setup, but it fails on my Win 10 setup.
Unfortunately I have no clue what the problem my be, as the error message just reports that opendisplay() at line 103 fails.
Anyone an idea what might be the issue here. Or does anyone know a way forcing Hollywood to open a screen with the native resolution? Fakefullscreen does not help here, as it covers the underlying screen to much. I.e. when clicking on some openurl function within the hollywood application the browser does not get shown. Hence I guess I need a real full screen and that screen should be opened in native resolution.

Code: Select all

(...)
t = GetDisplayModes()
        For Local k = 0 To ListItems(t) - 1
;           DebugPrint("Mode", k + 1, "Width:", t[k].Width, "Height:", t[k].Height)
        Next
CreateDisplay (2, { Title = "bla", width=800, height=600, hidden=True, mode="fullscreen",
Width = t[ListItems(t)-1].Width, Height = t[ListItems(t)-1].Height, Color= #WHITE }) 
(...)
Opendisplay(2) ; My Windows 10 setup does fail here, XP does eat it, MorphOS, too
(...)
I tried the above with getmonitors() instead of GetDisplayModes(), but it's the same on MorphOS and XP it works, on Win10 it fails.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: GetDisplayModes and OpenDisplay and Windows

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

I think this is the same as this:
http://forums.hollywood-mal.com/viewtop ... f=4&t=1170

I really have to setup a Windows 10 machine soon to investigate into this issue...
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

Thanks for pointing me to that thread, hadn't seen that. I'll try the "glgalore workaround".
airsoftsoftwair

Keep in mind, though, that when GL Galore is in "emulation mode" it is usually slower than Hollywood's inbuilt graphics engine, although you might not notice this on fast Windows /Linux/Mac machines, but you'll definitely notice it on AmigaOS and compatibles.
airsoftsoftwair

This bug has been fixed now. See here for a workaround:
http://forums.hollywood-mal.com/viewtop ... 5733#p5733